Friday, August 11, 2017

Back in Action (7QT)


I’m baaaack!  It’s been a while since I have posted anything (good reasons for that, perhaps explained in another post), but I thought now is as good a time as ever to get back into it. I have missed writing.  Even though, admittedly, by the end of the day I feel so fried from breaking up endless sibling squabbles, feeding five littles (simultaneously! And three times a day!), and the maddening to-do list that has so many checks unanswered.  Too often the last thing I want to do is a brain-requiring activity. But the fact remains that I have SO MUCH MENTAL ENERGY just swarming around in my head with nowhere to go. Writing is a release for me, and even if my corner of the cyber world is small and nearly unnoticed, I at least can sleep a little more soundly.  Like children, the thoughts in my head have to get their ya-ya’s out.

I thought I would take advantage of the 7 quick takes format to update everyone on the big changes in the Lynch household:

1.       We have a new Lynch Little!  Baby Lynch #5 was just before Thanksgiving.  Here he is at eight months:  


2.       Hubby got a new job! My dear husband has moved out of the classroom and jumped into fundraising.  He is working at a real gem of a school, Chelsea Academy (check it out!). 

3.       We have a new address!  And I never want to move again.  Blerg.

And yet...the swing set has been resurrected.

Oh, and did I mention that we are right around the corner from Shenandoah National Park?  So there's that.



4.       We are doing something completely different for school! It’s not homeschool.  It’s not public school.  It’s actually not even Catholic.  It’s Montessori.  I am a public school gal, so the Montessori method feels kind of out of my comfort zone.  But I think it will be a great fit for our very independent and curious kids.  

5.       We go to a new parish! And it’s huge! It's been an adjustment going from teeny tiny mission among the dairy farms of south central PA to a packed church of over 1200 families (you mean there is more than just one Mass on a Sunday?).  We went from feeling like the oddball, weird Catholic family with five kids to one of many large families.  It's awesome, but overwhelming at the same time.  

6.       Our kids have grown! Kids' ages are 6 (x2 of course, because twins!), 5, 3, and 8 months. We are in the throws of potty-training (I feel like I ALWAYS have a child who is potty-training), loosing our front teeth, and even beginning to read.  Baby can sit up but hasn’t quite figured out how to scoot or crawl, which is perfectly fine with me 😊

It's all good.

7.       I’m reading a new book! Trying to read more, exercise the brain, get the mental ya-ya’s out, etc.  I have had this one on my to-read list for many months.  Highly recommended.  Stay tuned for my review.

Find more 7QT's at This Ain't the Lyceum!  Kelly has some great tips on keeping a clean home when you actually have a lot of people living in it.  Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Something Other Than God is amazing! I read it this spring. :) Welcome to the area.

    ReplyDelete